Border Trust recently completed a second allocation of grant funding specifically targeted at the recovery and relief of the Towong Shire community impacted so heavily by the 2019/20 bushfires.
$347,818 will be distributed in support of 7 projects, covering everything from youth engagement to environmental work. The funded projects will enable various programs and works to be carried out in the region over the coming twelve months.
Even though more than two years has passed since the fires, these projects will contribute to the rejuvenation and wellbeing of the broader community. We look forward to telling some of the stories about how they have evolved and about the benefits we anticipate will be felt through the region on completion.
Congratulations to the following successful R2 recipient organisations:
- Connecting Communities Australia – $50,000, Towong Community BBQ shelter and individuals support
- Lucyvale Tennis Club – $4,000, Corryong College firepit
- Corryong Opportunity Shop Inc – $35,000, Corryong College Table Tennis table, shelter and seating
- Corryong Rotary Club – $95,580, Corryong Wetlands Project
- Corryong Rotary Club – $44,832, Corryong Boxing Group
- Corryong Sporting Complex Inc – $100,000, Revitalisation
- Walwa Services Memorial Hall – $18,405, Furniture upgrade
We look forward to commencing Round 3 of this ongoing funding shortly: https://www.bordertrust.org.au/granting/towong-community-bushfire-relief-fund/