Together, your donation and our community can achieve extraordinary things.”
Join Give500 Collective Giving Campaign
Collective giving for a stronger Border community.
Give500 is a starting point for like-minded individuals and groups to pool their donations, support their community and experience the grant-making process first-hand.
The campaign leverages the power of collective giving. It makes philanthropy easy and supports life-changing community programs across the border region.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2023 SHORTLIST!
The Carevan Foundation: Ruffy Swags Project
Our Native Garden Nursery: Seeds on the Move
Tots2Teens Albury Wodonga: Classy Kids Program
Remember, no-one alone can create the kind of community we all want to live in, but together, we can make that change happen.
Give500 Brochure Give500 2023 Brochure
Give500 Poster Give500 2023 Poster
With thanks to Albury Business Connect for their support and sponsorship of GIVE500
How it works
ONE $500 DONATION = ONE VOTE
As a donor, you’re invited to Give500 gatherings and the end of year Pitch Night to hear from the shortlisted grant applicants and to cast your vote for a winner. You may even like to join the grant committee to assess applications and agree those who make it onto the short list.
The winner receives the largest grant, and a smaller amount is granted to two runners up.
Each year, 60% of funds raised are allocated to support important community initiatives. The remaining 40% is held in the Give500 Named Sub-Fund to build a sustainable foundation, support additional charitable granting and build a perpetual fund for community benefit.
The Give500 Named Sub-Fund is a Sub-Fund within Border Trust. Donations are tax-deductible.
Pitch Night 2023 – Tickets now available HERE
Wednesday 15th of November 2023
5:30pm – 7:30pm
Applicants to the Give500 Grant Program are currently being assessed by the Give500 Grant Committee. The Committee will select a shortlist of three outstanding projects who will “Pitch” their project at the Pitch Night Event. The successful recipient of the $18,000 grant will be voted by donors on the night.
The Story So Far – Give500
2021 & 2022 Grant Recipients
Winner: Junction Support Services “Therapy Dog Program”
Runner Up: Survivors of Suicide & Friends “Solstice the Documentary” (fully funded by Border Trust donors following event
Runner Up: Aspect Riverina School “Resilience on the Spectrum”
Winner: Police & Citizens Youth Club (PCYC) Albury “Social Connections through Play”
Petaurus Education Group “Sisters who Shine”
Body Confident Collective “Embrace Albury Wodonga Youth Activation”
Give500 Pitch Night