Border Trust recently completed our third allocation of grant funding specifically targeted at the recovery and relief of the Towong Shire community impacted so heavily by the 2019/20 bushfires.
$272,213 will support 6 projects in this round. These projects will support the likes of Mental Health, infrastructure and food security. The funded projects will enable various programs and works to be carried out in the region over the coming twelve months.
We look forward to seeing these projects develop through 2023, further providing the communities most impacted with the supports and physical improvements needed to promote recovery, and to enhance the opportunity to move forward with enthusiasm and confidence.
Congratulations to the following successful R3 recipient organisations:
- Corryong and District Memorial Hall – $41,248, Project Protection
- Corryong Food Share Services – $50,000, Ensuring Food Security for Vulnerable Community Members
- Corryong Opportunity Shop Inc. – $50,000, Corryong Opportunity Shop Revamp and Facelift
- Life Central Services – $40,000, Rural and Remote Suicide Safety Online Training Initiative
- Upper Murray Historical Society Inc. – $50,000, Museum Accessibility
- Upper Murray Innovation Foundation (UMIF) – $40,965, Attree Park Softfall