Border Trust recently completed an initial allocation of grant funding specifically targeted at the recovery and relief of the Towong Shire community impacted so heavily by the 2019/20 bushfires.
7 projects in Round 1 have received funding totalling $316,880. Covering everything from leadership development to restoration works, received up to $50,000 each, enabling various programs and works to be carried out in the region over the coming twelve months.
Even though more than two years has passed since the fires, these projects will contribute to the rejuvenation and wellbeing of the broader community. We look forward to telling some of the stories about how they have evolved and about the benefits we anticipate will be felt through the region on completion.
There is still much to be done in support of this community, so a second round of funding will commence in May.
Congratulations to the following organisations:
- Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program – $50,000, Disaster Recovery and Climate Change Adaptation Community Leadership Pogram
- Community Business Connect – $50,000, Regional Connectivity for Recovery and Resilience
- Corryong Football and Netball Club – $23,930, Netball Court Lighting
- Corryong Neighbourhood House Inc. – $50,000 Rising to the Future
- Corryong Neighbourhood House Inc. – $50,000, Room to Recover
- Parklands Albury Wodonga Ltd – $42,950 for the Cudgewa Mural Trail
- Parklands Albury Wodonga Ltd – $50,000 Towong Recovery Ranger Team