2020 Grant applications are now CLOSED
Border Trust grants are provided annually to fund projects and programs for the benefit of our local community. The Border Trust has been providing grants to organisations in the Border region since 2005.
The Border Trust’s key priority is to support programs and projects that have been identified by organisations to address current issues and challenges in our local communities and impact positively upon the lives of the people within our community.
The Border Trust will prioritise funding where the need is the greatest and where strategic solutions have been developed.
General grant information
All organisations applying for funding must:
- Lie within Border Trust’s Local Government Areas of Albury, Federation, Greater Hume, Indigo, Towong and Wodonga
- Be community based and function for charitable purposes with a registered ABN
- Organisations with, and without, Deductible Gift Recipient status are invited to apply
- An auspicing body may be considered in exceptional circumstances (discuss with Border Trust prior to submitting your Application).
What are we most likely to fund?
Generally, grants will fund
- activities which have ongoing benefit to the community
- innovative undertakings
- projects which are in keeping with the mission and aims of Border Trust and those of our granting partners.
What we are less likely to fund
- Capital works
- Ongoing salaries
- Projects in successive years.
What we do not fund
In accordance with Australian Tax Office Guidelines we are unable to fund:
- organisations which are not charitable in purpose
- recreational or commercial sporting activities
- projects for private or personal benefit
- activities or events that have commenced or already taken place